The Hunter 99122 remote control is designed to be paired with Hunter ceiling fans that are equipped with the “2-Position Receiver.” Here are the steps to pair a Hunter 99122 remote control with your ceiling fan:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Hunter 99122 remote control
- Hunter ceiling fan with a 2-Position Receiver
- Ladder or step stool (if needed to access the fan)
- Turn Off the Power: Ensure the power to the ceiling fan is turned off at the circuit breaker or wall switch. This is essential for safety during the pairing process.
- Locate the Receiver: Inside the fan’s canopy (the part of the fan attached to the ceiling), there should be a receiver unit with a small, rectangular cover. The receiver is typically located near the ceiling mount.
- Remove the Receiver Cover: Carefully remove the cover of the receiver to access the dip switches. Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws that hold the cover in place. Once the cover is removed, you’ll see the dip switches.
- Set the Dip Switches: Both the Hunter 99122 remote control and the receiver have dip switches that need to be set to the same positions for proper communication. Determine the desired dip switch settings, and set both the remote and the receiver to match those settings. The dip switches are usually small, rectangular switches with multiple positions. Ensure they are set to the same positions on both the remote and the receiver.
- Replace the Receiver Cover: After setting the dip switches, securely fasten the receiver cover back in place and tighten the screws.
- Turn On the Power: Turn the power back on to the fan at the circuit breaker or wall switch. The fan should be in the “On” position, and the light kit (if equipped) should be turned on.
- Pair the Remote: Within a few minutes of restoring power to the fan, press and hold down the “Pair” button on the Hunter 99122 remote control. Hold the button down until you see a response from the fan, such as a change in fan speed or a light blink. This indicates that the pairing process is complete.
- Test the Remote: After pairing, test the remote control to ensure it can adjust the fan speed, direction, and lighting as intended.
- Finish Setup (if applicable): Some Hunter ceiling fans have additional features, such as multiple fan speeds, reverse direction, or dimmable lights. Follow the instructions in your user manual to set up and program these features, if desired.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully pair the Hunter 99122 remote control with your Hunter ceiling fan equipped with a 2-Position Receiver. If you encounter any issues or if your fan and remote have unique features, refer to the user manual that came with your specific fan model for detailed instructions.