The cost of a taxi from Naples International Airport (NAP) to Positano can vary depending on several factors, including the taxi service provider, the type of vehicle, the time of day, and any additional services or stops you request. Here are some general guidelines:
- Distance: The distance between Naples Airport and Positano is approximately 60-70 kilometers (37-43 miles), but the winding coastal roads can make the journey longer.
- Type of Taxi: In Italy, you can find various types of taxis, including regular taxis and private car services. Private car services or shuttle services may charge different rates compared to traditional taxis.
- Time of Day: Some taxi services may charge higher rates during peak travel times, such as evenings or weekends. Inquire about any surcharges or variations in pricing.
- Luggage: If you have a lot of luggage or oversized items, some taxis may charge extra for luggage handling.
- Additional Services: If you require additional services, such as making stops along the way for sightseeing or shopping, this can add to the overall cost.
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, a taxi from Naples Airport to Positano could cost anywhere from approximately €100 to €150 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. Prices may have changed since then, and it’s essential to check with local taxi services or providers for the most up-to-date pricing information. Additionally, confirm the fare and any additional charges with the taxi driver before beginning your journey.